Re: [Orgmode] XHTML export -   etc.

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] XHTML export -   etc.
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 01:00:08 +0100

> >    The symbol for „breaking allowed" could also be \~ ...  That's an
> > inconsistency with LaTeX ~, but is consistent with LaTeX's \-   And
> > that would leave ~ untouched and just use \- and \~ for hyphenation.
>
> What is wrong with \- ?  It seems enough to me.

  Sorry, I wanted to say the symbol for „*nonbreaking space*" could be
\~   , instead of just ~
  That way the symbols for hyphenation are more symmetrical: \- for
„breaking allowed" and \~ for „nonbreaking space".
  And then the normal ~ is still rendered as expected.

>    I removed the idea of using the tilde character `~' for inerting a
> non-breakable space in Org source file because:
>  - this is the function of Emacs non-breakable space character `'

   What do you mean? Did you type something? I see nothing; just `'

   Is it better to enter the unicode character directly, or offering
something like \~ ? I suppose both could be changed at the exporting,
so maybe it's a matter of taste.

Daniel