Re: [Orgmode] tagging during creation

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] tagging during creation
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 14:46:48 +0100

On  4Nov2007, at 2:05 PM, Bastien wrote:

-         (org-set-local 'org-tag-alist nil)
+         (org-set-local 'org-tag-alist org-tag-alist)

I don't think this patch is correct.  This code is only executed when
there is a #+TAGS line in the buffer, and then it needs to be
executed, to overrule the global settings.  If there is no #+TAGS
line, the global value will be used.

What exactly are you trying to fix with this patch?

I was trying to address Richard's question:

Is it possible to set tags from withing the org-remember entry buffer?

The first problem is that remember buffers steal the C-c C-c key.  You
cannot add fast tag selection as usual. A solution might be to use the
C-x C-s key to process the *remember* buffer and bind C-c C-c back to
org-set-tags.  What do you think?

No, this is not an option, because C-c C-c is the standard remember key.
But you are right, we need a way to set tags.

- Carsten