Re: [Orgmode] bibtex fields in remember templates

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] bibtex fields in remember templates
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 00:06:24 +0000

>> "* TO_READ%?\n %a\n %:author (%:year).  %:title.  %:journal: %:pages."
>>
>> I know that links to bibtex entries are created using the custom
>> search mechanism, but I can't figure out how to expose properties of
>> the bibtex entry to remember or org-remember.
>
> This is, I think, hard using the current mechanism.  I believe it
> would be much better to create a new link type for BibTeX, now that
> this is possible.  The it would also be easy to set a lot of info that
> can be accessed by templates.....

Please check org-bibtex.el here:

  http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/u/org-bibtex.el

This package does not affect the way BibTeX entries are stored and
inserted but it provides more information on them thru properties.
Typically, you'll use this information in *remember* templates.

So for example:

(setq org-remember-templates
  '((?b "* READ %?\n\n%a\n  %:author (%:year): %:title  In %:journal,
%:pages.")))

will insert to relevant information about the author, the year, etc.

--
Bastien