Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug with org-startup-folded?

From: Wanrong Lin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug with org-startup-folded?
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 14:31:35 -0500

Hi, Carsten,

After some more trials, I think I found the cause of the problem. I have a line like this in my org configuration:

;; add today's appointment into alert list, every day at 0:30AM
(run-at-time "0:30am" (* 24 3600) 'org-agenda-to-appt)

I expect with the above, org-agenda-to-appt will run once a day automatically at 0:30AM. But, it seems that org-agenda-to-appt runs right after emacs start up, and this command opens a buffer for every org files in my org-agenda-files, without any folding. So, when I thought I was opening an org file for the first time, actually emacs just switches to the existing buffer for that file, and gives an illusion that the first time the folding does not work, but the second time the folding works.

Thank you for you and Bastien for your help on this.

Wanrong

Carsten Dominik wrote:
Hi Wanrong,

unfortunately I am not able to reproduce what you describe,
so my suspicion is that it is still something in you setup.
I recommend that you try things with an absolutely minimum
setup, and with emacs -Q....

-- Carsten