Re: [Orgmode] Drawers

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Drawers
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 18:01:33 +0100

On Dec 22, 2007, at 1:16 PM, Adam Spiers wrote:

# Local Variables:
# org-drawers: '("PROPERTIES" "CLOCK" "MYDRAW")
# End:

This is a general Emacs mechanism for setting local variable: check it
out here: (info "(emacs)Specifying File Variables")

I only just noticed that since 5.13 #+DRAWERS is available for
per-file customization - very nice.  However, I still had the above
syntax in my files, and it appears that quoting the list breaks a
number of things including export:

File variable values are read directly with the Lisp primitive `read',
the value is not evaluated (like it would be using `setq' or `set')
before it is assigned to the variable. Therefore the value should
not be quoted.

- Carsten