Re: [Orgmode] CATEGORY in different levels

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] CATEGORY in different levels
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 23:40:31 +0100

Hi Carsten

> Properties give much more consistent results.  The :CATEGORY: property
> applies to the entry headline above it, and to the entire tree below
> it (unless locally overwritten by another property).

Hm. Definitely not working. I made it quite secure taking your file
below and erased every configuration except the pure (require
'org-install).

> Everything works fine if I change your example to:
>
> * Teaching
>  :PROPERTIES:
>  :CATEGORY: Teaching
>  :END:
> ** Sanskrit I (WS08)                        :PROJECT:
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :CATEGORY: Sanscrit I
>   :END:
> *** NEXT Look for Introductions             :LIBRARY:
> *** NEXT Borrow the chosen books            :LIBRARY:
> *** NEXT Ask students for convenient date   :EMAIL:

Showing special TODO word NEXT works fine. But making a TAGS query for
PROJECT ends up like this:

C-cam RET PROJECT RET
,----
| Sanscrit I:   Sanskrit I    :PROJECT:
`----

Instead of the wanted:

,----
| Teaching:     Sanskrit I    :PROJECT:
`----

Is there a misunderstanding or really a strange phenomenon on my
computers?

Thanks for your help

Sven