Re: [Orgmode] Bug: return key does not show the subtree the first time o

From: Wanrong Lin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug: return key does not show the subtree the first time on a newly opened org file
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:31:47 -0500

Bastien Guerry wrote:

Yes, but only with this setting will <return> key be added to the
"org-mouse-map" key map, and be bound to "org-open-at-point" command
under certain contexts (like on the leading stars of a heading).
Further, "org-open-at-point" is advised by org-mouse.el, which will
do "org-cycle" under certain contexts.
Yes, this is really an accidental feature by a sequence of events:

org-return-follow-link will add org-return to the mouse-map
org-mouse.el will activate the stars in a headline

Yes, there is an advice for this in org-mouse.el.
I think we should remove it since org-mouse.el shouldn't change the
behavior of keystrokes (only the behavior of the mouse.)

That probably is true. But I have doubt that removing the advice itself and bind the key in some other place will really solve the problem. To me, it seems somehow the first time you open a org-file, some context is not recognized correctly and hence the key map is not activated. If I just execute a command, any command (like "C-g" which does nothing), and then press the return key, it will work. Is that puzzling? :-)

Wanrong