Re: [Orgmode] First column of tables from sub headings and drawyers

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] First column of tables from sub headings and drawyers
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:22:35 +0000

"Antano Solar" <address@hidden> writes:

> | Feature request | Time Estimated | Time Utilized  .
>
> I want the feature request column automatically populated from the sub
> headings and if possible the time estimate and time utilized from a
> drawyer with the sub headings .

Maybe what you need is the "columnview" dynamic block:

* Project
  :PROPERTIES:
  :COLUMNS:  %25ITEM %Estimated_Time %Required_Time
  :ID:       Your_Project_ID
  :END:

#+BEGIN: columnview :id Your_Project_ID
| ITEM       | Estimated_Time | Required_Time |
|------------+----------------+---------------|
| *  Project |                |               |
| **  Task   | 1 day          | 10 days       |
#+END

** Task
   :PROPERTIES:
   :Estimated_Time: 1 day
   :Required_Time: 10 days
   :END:

Addeding tasks such as "** Task" with relevant properties will let you
keep track of them within the columnview dynamic block.

See (info "(org)Capturing Column View") for details.

--
Bastien