[Orgmode] Re: miscellaneous prefix keywords like "TODO"

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: miscellaneous prefix keywords like "TODO"
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:50:18 +1000

Alan E. Davis wrote:
On the orgmode web site there's a todo page. There are a bunch of prefix words: TODO, IDEA, WISH, QUESTION, DECLINED, DONE

I hope I'm not asking the obvious: how can I implement that aside from a list of alternative states? Then have them show up in agendas?

Maybe I have asked the obvious.
I found a note in the org manual about this variable:

(setq org-todo-keywords '((type "Fred" "Sara" "Lucy" "|" "DONE")))

Also, I have found and installed the following in a file:

#+TYP_TODO: TODO MAYBE WAITING NEXT DONE ONGOING

How can I use both? Does the file variable override the variable in .emacs.el? Perhaps I should have done more research, but I still would very much appreciate comments. I admit I am somewhat confused, and my implementation is not well developed.

Thank you,

Alan

   butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet,
   balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying,
   take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations,
   analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a
   tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is
   for insects.                              ---Robert A. Heinlein