Re: [Orgmode] How to list tasks and their completion dates?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How to list tasks and their completion dates?
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:01:15 +0200

Wow, Manish, you beat me to this one.  Great.

- Carsten

On Jun 20, 2008, at 1:58 PM, Manish wrote:

 On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 1:02 AM, Edi Hance wrote:

How can I get a list of completed tasks and their
completion dates?  I've combed the Info docs and the
web and could not find how to do it.  I would like
something like C-c a a l, but that only shows me the
completed tasks for each day.  Is there anyway to get a
nice sorted list like:

CategoryA:   DONE   Add xyz to the fobnitz   <2008-06-10>
CategoryB:   DONE   Fix foo in bar program   <2008-06-12>

Set up column view with CLOSED.  May be llike so:

(setq org-columns-default-format "%65ITEM(Task) %CLOSED")

Then try `C-c a T', input `DONE' at the prompt.  It should
list DONE tasks.  Switch to column view with 'C-c C-x C-c'.
I think it kinda does what you want.

Any ideas?  I'm using Org-mode version 4.67c, which is
included with GNU Emacs 22.2.1.  Thanks very much.

6.05b has been released.

HTH,
-- Manish