Re: [Orgmode] Re: Selecting to end of line

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Selecting to end of line
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:58:18 -0700

On Jul 10, 2008, at 11:24 AM, Paul R wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:37:28 -0700, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> said:

Carsten> Hi Ted, this is correct, the agenda does not allow to
Carsten> position the cursor at the end of the line because of
Carsten> technical reasons. So you need to work around this problem,
Carsten> for example by tripple-clicking the line with the mouse, or
Carsten> by selecting to the beginning of the next line with C-SPC
Carsten> down.

a space after the item title would work as well. I don't know what
causes this limitation, but as a quick and dirty workaround can't you
add automatically a space at the end of the string when rendering the
agenda ?

The reason for this limitation is that many functions rely on text properties, and I don't want to put some of those properties on the newline. To be honest, I don't exactly remember why, but I *do* remember that there were problems.
An extra space sounds like a promising solution, I'll look into it.

Thanks.

- Carsten