Re: [Orgmode] Mac OS, emacs->org/remember

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Mac OS, emacs->org/remember
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 20:12:31 -0400

On Jul 22, 2008, at 7:40 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

I am not sure how to do this, but I am sure it can be done
with apple script.  John, do you have something for calling
raising Carbon Emacs and running remember with a Mac hotkey?

I used QuicKeys to change focus to Emacs and then invoke the org- remember key binding. It can also be done with Applescript, using GUI Scripting. The script would look something along the lines of:

  tell application "Emacs" to activate

  tell application "System Events"
        tell process "Emacs"
                tell front window
                        keystroke "c" using {control down}
                        keystroke "r" using {control down}
                end tell
        end tell
  end tell

This switches to Emacs and invokes C-c C-r. Change to suit your taste. You'll need to run AppleScript Utility.app, and check "Enable GUI Scripting" for this to work.

You can bind this Applescript to global hotkey using the free application "FastScripts Lite".

Good luck!

John