[Orgmode] Link Associations in Linux

From: David A. Gershman
Subject: [Orgmode] Link Associations in Linux
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 02:23:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

Using Orgmode under Windows I can link to a PDF file and the Windows OS
will use the .pdf extension to launch the associated viewer application.
 It seems I don't have that luxury under Linux a the moment.  I have a
feeling there is a way to do it.  Ideas?

i.e. I would like a link:

  [[file:info.pdf][Information]]

Under Windows, info.pdf is associated with an app.  Under linux, I get
nothing.  (Note: Using XFCE4 as my WM and Zenwalk as the distro)

(or is this a non-orgmode question?)

Thanks.

David A. Gershman
address@hidden
http://dagertech.net/gershman/
"It's all about the path!" --d. gershman