[Orgmode] Re: Question about agenda

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Question about agenda
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 11:48:23 -0400

Robert Goldman <address@hidden> writes:

> I have an org file which the agenda sees in which I put an outline item
> with notes from a meeting.  The header for this item is as follows:
>
> * Tasks
> * * Meeting with XXXX
>   SCHEDULED: <2008-10-06 Mon>
>
> What I was somewhat surprised to see was that this continues to roll
> down my agenda, e.g.:

> Wednesday   8 October 2008
>   smite:      Sched. 3x:  Meeting with XXXXX
>
> I think this means that I don't really understand the meaning of
> SCHEDULED, nor do I understand how the agendas are composed.  But I'm
> looking at the info manual now, and I'm not actually enlightened.
>
> Is there something I should do to tag something SCHEDULED like this so
> that it no longer appears in my agenda view as something still to be
> done?  Is there a HAPPENED tag, or something like that?
>
> Or, is it the case that I should only use SCHEDULED with todo items?
>
> Any guidance much appreciated.

I make these things into TODO items so it's

** TODO Meeting with XXXX

and when you mark it DONE it stops showing up on the agenda.  If you
don't do it when scheduled it starts carrying forward in the agenda.

Alternatively you can just use a date without SCHEDULED: and it'll be
only at the specific time you specify.

I prefer using TODO/DONE so it's obvious when things are complete and I
can archive them later without having to look at the date to see if it's
in the future/past.

-Bernt