[Orgmode] Re: [GitHub #1050] format org-mode READMEs for html display (w

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [GitHub #1050] format org-mode READMEs for html display (without using emacs)
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:15:07 -0700

Hi Chris,

I'll 'CC the org-mode mailing list and see if anyone has any ideas as to
your question.

 non-elisp (preferably Ruby, maybe CommonLisp) tools for exporting
 org-mode files to html.

I don't believe such a thing currently exists.

Along the lines of an independent org-mode to html converter (either in
ruby on in common lisp: common lisp may be able to steal chunks of code
from org-exp.el) it may not be too difficult to get 80% of the exporter
utility with only 20% of the full org-exporter functionality.

The Features that jump out to me include:

resolving [[html://foo.bar][link name]] style links

wrapping tables in <pre></pre> blocks

converting outline headers to html headlines

resolving
 - one
 - two
 - three

and

 1. point
 2. another point
 3. and another point

lists to <ul>, <ol> lists respectively.

should get most of the way there (at least a usable base, which could be
expanded as needed).

Thanks for looking into this -- Eric