Re: [Orgmode] bullet point cycling

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] bullet point cycling
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:45:11 -0700

Hi Carsten,

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 02:04, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

Thanks for the changes!

>> 3.  1. (number followed by dot) should indent by two spaces when
>>   sentence-end-double-space is non-nil.  This should also
>>   occur with org-insert-heading.  See the present style.
>

> I cannot see why this would be useful.  Sentence commands will
> also not work with the other bullet styles.  ...

Making sentences work for all styles and for headlines would be nice,
but that is not what this is about.  It's for indentation:

1. This has one space.
   And this is correctly aligned.

1.  This has two spaces.
    And this is correctly aligned.

(At least, if gmail didn't change anything.)

Those who use two spaces after periods.  Like this.   Probably also
want to have two spaces after the dot after the number also.  As I do.

Currently org assumes that you always want one space after the period.

> And don't forget to try the new ido support in Org:
>
> (setq org-completion-use-ido t)
>
> - Carsten

Looking forward to it and will test it.

--
Professional myalgic encephalomyelitis denialists are knowingly
causing further suffering and death by opposing biomedical research on