Re: [Orgmode] Windows and emacs

From: Robin Ruder
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Windows and emacs
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:15:55 +0100

The third way, and the way I do it, is to run a Linux inside Windows. I dropped cygwin on my pc at work and use andLinux now (http://andlinux.org), which is running a linux kernel in a Win32 process (as a service in background). X applications are exported to a local W32 XServer. This is much faster than X apps compiled for cygwin. You'll have clipboard sharing between the Linux and W32 windows, too.

This article led me to andLinux:
www.techanodyne.com/2007/03/forget-vmware-run-colinux.html

Robin