[Orgmode] Re: POLL: the 40 variables project

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: POLL: the 40 variables project
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:01:10 +0000

On 2009-01-29, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
> users actually customize.  This could be the basis
> for a great article on Worg, describing just these selected
> variables.
>
> In addition, I could make a special customization group which only
> contains those variables (Emacs allows to put a variable into several
> groups).  It would be awesome to have, and a much easier start into
> customizing Org.
>
> So here is my question to all of you.  Could you, in reply to this
> message, list all the Org-related variables that you have customized,
> along with the values you used?

Here are mine although, after so long, some may be the defaults as I
make settings and then change them...

(setq org-agenda-files ...)
(setq org-agenda-include-diary t) ;; emacs diary for quick 'n dirty entries
(setq org-agenda-start-on-weekday nil) ;; I don't care about the past
(setq org-directory "~/s/notes")
(setq org-default-notes-file "notes.org")
(setq org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments t)
(setq org-hide-leading-stars t) ;; as recommended by manual
(setq org-log-done t)
(setq org-odd-levels-only t) ;; as recommended by manual
(setq org-remember-templates '((?t "* TODO %?\n  %i\n\n   %U\n   %a\n")
                               (?n "* %U %?\n\n   %a\n")))
(setq org-agenda-time-grid
      '((daily today require-timed)
      "----------------"
      (900 1000 1100 1200 1300 1400 1500 1600 1700 1800)))
(setq org-agenda-window-setup 'reorganize-frame) ;; default, I think
(setq org-special-ctrl-a/e t)

> - Any other comments you might what to give.

I really do like the idea of customisation groups as the number of
settings can be overwhelming.  However, most of the ones I care about
are clearly identified in the manual so I'm not too worried!

--
Eric S Fraga, UCL