[Orgmode] visibility cycling and different behavior of S-<TAB> and TAB

From: Spike Spiegel
Subject: [Orgmode] visibility cycling and different behavior of S-<TAB> and TAB
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 18:43:52 +0800

Hi,

running 6.21b and emacs 22.3 and given this outline:

* Tasks
** TODO aaa
** TODO bbb
*** xxxx
     blablablablbalblablalbl
*** yyyy
     yaddayaddayaddatadda

Starting with a folded view if I move onto "* Tasks" and hit <TAB> I see:

* Tasks
** TODO aaa
** TODO bbb

but with the same folded view, if I hit S-<TAB> I see:

* Tasks
** TODO aaa
** TODO bbb
*** xxxxx
*** yyyyy

is that the correct and expected behavior? I would expected to see the
exact same thing except that the cycling was happening for all item Vs
the one under the cursor. How can I make them behave the same?

Bonus question: under "* Tasks" I have "#+CATEGORY: something", is
there a way to hide that? Or in more generic words: is there a way to
hide properties even when everything is shown?

thanks

--
"Behind every great man there's a great backpack" - B.