Re: [Orgmode] Re: ascii export of url part of links possible?

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: ascii export of url part of links possible?
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:53:02 -0500

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2009-02-25, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
>> [...]
>> I have been thinking that it might be better to force links into
>> footnotes for ascii export.....
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> I, for one, would find this very attractive.  And it's in line with
> what some of the text based web browsers generate in ascii dumps of
> web pages.

I think that's a good idea, as well.  It might even be particularly
nice to format the links and the footnotes in such a way that a
[Markdown][1] processor could understand them.

[1]: http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/

| Jason F. McBrayer                    address@hidden  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |