Re: [Orgmode] Fix for org-agenda-cleanup-fancy-diary

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Fix for org-agenda-cleanup-fancy-diary
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 18:23:08 +0200

On Apr 2, 2009, at 5:31 PM, Erik Hetzner wrote:

At Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:29:46 +0200,
Carsten Dominik wrote:

Hi Erik,

I see your point.  The trouble is that it is a traditional syntax
to write things in the diary like this:

1/4/2009 some event
    8:30 another event
   10:00 meet with Sam for coffee

etc etc.

You patch will remove all those secondary lines.

I think the right solution fr your case is that I will give you
a hook in the cleanup routine, so that you can do your own
cleanup.

Or a variable, OK, we could do that too.

I see. Thanks, I didn’t know that.

A hook would be perfect for me.

There is now org-agenda-cleanup-fancy-diary-hook

Another nice feature if possible would be to keep lines that do not
match “^ +[0-9].*$” together with the first line in the fancy diary
display? This would mean that diary entries:

1/4/2009 09:00 Some event
Event description.

Would not be mangled by sorting the agenda. I have no idea if this is
possible.

It is mangled because the first line contains a time, the second does not.
Since I am assuming one event per line, the sorting according to time
will separate these.

You could turn off sorting by time, or use the hook
to add the time to each line.

- Carsten

Thanks again!

best,