Fwd: [Orgmode] Trouble with Properties and Sparse Trees/Agenda View

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Fwd: [Orgmode] Trouble with Properties and Sparse Trees/Agenda View
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 08:59:42 +0200

Begin forwarded message:

From: Carsten Dominik <address@hidden>
Date: April 5, 2009 8:56:13 AM GMT+02:00
To: Tom Shannon <address@hidden>

On Apr 5, 2009, at 2:41 AM, Tom Shannon wrote:

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 7:25 PM, Carsten Dominik
<address@hidden> wrote:

It would certainly help if you showed us what exactly you
are entering at the prompt.

No problem.  Here's the sample file again:

* Tasks
:PROPERTIES:
:TaskStatus_ALL: "Not Started" "In Progress" Waiting
:END:
** Shannon, Thomas R.
:PROPERTIES:
:ContactName: Shannon
:TaskStatus: Waiting
:END:
*** TODO This is a task
*** TODO Task 4
**** TODO Task 2
**** TODO Task 3 :Tag1:

* This is a heading
** TODO This is a task
** TODO Task 4
*** TODO Task 2
*** TODO Task 3

I press the key combination C-c a m.  I am prompted for "Match:"  At
that point I'm not real sure what to type.  The name of any tag, for
instance "Tag1", certainly gives the expected list of headings in the
indirect buffer.  The name of a value, for instance "Waiting" or
"Shannon" gives no matches.  Typing in the name of a property, for
instance, "TaskStatus" gives no match and, of course, no further
prompts for a value.

This description makes me wonder if you really got
property-based sparse tree to work :-)  Maybe you used `C-c / p'?
Because `C-c / m' uses the same syntax as `C-c a m'.

The basic syntax would be for C-c a m

TaskStatus="Waiting"

The syntax of tag/property searches is described here:

http://orgmode.org/manual/Matching-tags-and-properties.html#Matching-tags-and-properties

HTH

- Carsten