Re: [Orgmode] Re: markup in environments in latex export

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: markup in environments in latex export
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 22:47:32 +0200

Hi Chris,

no, this is really by design the way it is.  Org-mode has its own
markup.  As a bonus to people used to LaTeX, it allows certain
LaTeX constructs to be intermingled into the file.  For LaTeX
export, it will export these *literally*, the entire construct.
For HTML export, you can arrange for these snippets to be
processed by LaTeX as well and then included as images,
this is useful for formulas and some other constructs.

Here is a way to fool it:

\nop{}\begin{center}

- /a/ this is a
- /b/ this is b

\begin{itemize}
\item \emph{a} this is a
\item \emph{b} this is b
\end{itemize}

\nop{}\end{center}

- /a/ this is a
- /b/ this is b

Why does it fool it? Because it recognized full environments to be included
by \begin ... \end, wit these macros at the beginning of the line.

If I were to allow what you propose, it would quickly become hard to know
what should be LaTeX and what not.  I think.

Feel free to try to make a patch that will convince me of the opposite.

- Carsten