[Orgmode] LaTeX Export problem: cannot open load file: org-latex

From: Holger Hellebro
Subject: [Orgmode] LaTeX Export problem: cannot open load file: org-latex
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 14:28:40 +0200

Hi

I'm using Org-mode version 6.25f on Ubuntu 8.10 with GNU Emacs 22.2.1. Emacs came with an older version of org-mode but I used the Makefile to install the newer version and most things seem to be working.

But when I try to export to LaTeX (C-c C-e l or L) I get the following error message in the minibuffer: "Cannot open load file: org-latex". Indeed, I don't have any file named "org-latex" or "org-latex.el" on my system as it was not part of the org distribution. I'm an absolute elisp newbie but a grep shows that org-install.el references a file "org-latex.el".

I've tried removing (require 'org-install) from .emacs but then another error message is shown: "Wrong type argument: commandp, org-export-as-latex" when I try the export.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Holger