Re: [Orgmode] A Mark-up rule question

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] A Mark-up rule question
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 15:30:37 +0200

On May 6, 2009, at 3:08 PM, Xin Shi wrote:

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 6:30 AM, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden > wrote:

On Apr 22, 2009, at 4:21 PM, Xin Shi wrote:

Hi Carsten,

That's great! It would be nice that we document all of this symbols in the manual.

Are you volunteering to make this table?  :-)

Sure. I'll be glad to do that :)

Could you tell me the format and where to put the documents?

Maybe as a Worg page, so the format would be org-mode:

* Table of special symbol macros

 | Symbol | Org      | HTML      | LaTeX    |
 |--------+----------+-----------+----------|
 | \vert  | ~\vert~  | ~&vert;~  | ~\vert~  |
 | \alpha | ~\alpha~ | ~&alpha;~ | ~\alpha~ |

Note that HTML and LaTeX are not always the same word, only sometimes.
In org-html-entities you can see this by looking at entries which
are a cons cell, for example

("star" . "*") means "\star" in LaTeX, and "*" in HTML.

I think many of these symbols have never been tried, so exporting
this document to HTML and to LaTeX will be an interesting exercise
and probably help us fix some bugs.

Thanks!

- Carsten

- Carsten