Re: [Orgmode] Re: iCal export - possible timezone bug

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: iCal export - possible timezone bug
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 17:08:02 +0200

Mario E. Munich <address@hidden> writes:

>> I asked in the emacs irc and drew a blank. Possibly use what you do
>> unless an org-timezone string is set for now?
>>
>> Seeing my org-mode todos on my blackberry courtesy of Google calendar is
>> pretty neat!
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> r.
>>

> Dear Richard,
>
> looking at org TODO's via Google calendar is quite sweet! I am going to sound
> completely naive in front of all the hard-core org users, but would it be
> possible that you describe your setup/workflow in order to get to see the org
> TODO's in the Google calendar? I have a Google G1 phone with Android, so I
> would
> really like to connect the phone to my org workspace.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> -Mario

You need to firstly export your org mode files to iCal format.

For me thats (in an org file) C-c C-e (org-export) and then selecting
"c" to export to an ical file.

This creates (it would be nice to have a variable) ~/org.ics

What I then do is regularly move to my my web server using scp and cron
but you can do that however you like if you have your own web
server. Else I believe there are other sites which allow you to host
iCal files.

Then in Google, go to calendar and in the bottom left you see which
calendars are imported to your main Google calendar. Add has an option
to add by url. Voila!

On my blackberry I then run gsync  and using the rather nice iBerry
Today theme I see a preview of messages and relevant iCal entries on the
homepage.

With latest git version export to iCal is broken for me but I believe
Carsten is addressing it.

HTH,

regards

r.