Re: [Orgmode] category keyword

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] category keyword
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 09:19:39 +0200

On May 7, 2009, at 1:22 AM, address@hidden wrote:

Is there a way to have a keyword for settings category?

No.

In other words... having a todo-keyword:
** CATEGORY headline
instead of writing:
** headline
#+CATEGORY: headline
into the description text

You can use a property.

I could use keyword or tag inheritance + sorting ... both of which is not an option for me since I already use those for a special purpose in a non-inheritance fashion. Is there a way to have the prefix of my agenda sort by using that (CATEGORY) keyword?

Yes, you can configure this in org-agenda-sorting-strategy.

- Carsten

That would be really helpful for me...

Thank you guys... I love org!
Eraldo