Re: [Orgmode] Possible?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Possible?
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 15:50:20 +0200

Hi Tennis,

On May 17, 2009, at 7:48 PM, Tennis Smith wrote:

Hi,

I'm a newbie user of org-mode, and it looks very promising. However, there are several key combinations that I have to change if I'm going to use it. I use the combinations C-tab for iswitchb,

You could free up C-tab by customizing org-disputed-keys and org- replace-disputed-keys. Or, maybe even better in your case, you could overwrite Org's setting of C-tab in a hook, for example

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
        (define-key 'org-mode-map [(control tab)] nil))

and I use C-c for CUA "copy".

I have no idea how to recover C-c and C-x. How can you use Emacs if these keys are used for something else? I guess CUA does this by only using them when the region is active, but this is also not a solution because many commands working on the region are invoked with C-c or C-x.

Incidentally, in my Emacs 23.0.93.1, if I turn on
CUA mode, C-c does not do copy, even though cua-enable-cua-keys is set.

HTH

- Carsten