Re: [Orgmode] Re: Exporting org to LaTeX to PDF: headings do not convert

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Exporting org to LaTeX to PDF: headings do not convert to sections
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 08:26:48 +0200

Indeed, there was a bug there.  Fixed now, thanks.

- Carsten

On May 22, 2009, at 10:17 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

On May 21, 2009, at 10:14 PM, Alan E. Davis wrote:
I don't understand why  I  do not see "section" or "subsection", and
the sections often come out with bare stars.  Is this also because
the number of levels has been exceeded?

No, this must be a different bug, which I cannot reproduce.  Example
file???

Carsten,

I have been having this problem the past two days but had avoided
posting until I determined it wasn't my fault.  For the following org
file:

#----------------------------------------------- cut here
#+TITLE:     t.org
#+AUTHOR:    Eric S Fraga
#+EMAIL:     address@hidden
#+DATE:      2009-05-11 Mon
#+KEYWORDS:
#+LANGUAGE:  en
#+INFOJS_OPT: view:nil toc:nil ltoc:t mouse:underline buttons:0
path:http://orgmode.org/org-info.js
#+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: export
#+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport
#+LINK_UP:
#+LINK_HOME:

* Testing embedded aligned equations

 \begin{eqnarray}
   x &=& a_i + b_j + c_{k} \\
   y &=& \sqrt{x}
 \end{eqnarray}

 \begin{eqnarray*}
   x &=& a_i + b_j + c_{k} \\
   y &=& \sqrt{x}
 \end{eqnarray*}
*** This is a subsection
with not very much text
*** but another
which might have had more text in an ideal world.
#----------------------------------------------- cut here

exporting to latex works fine if you export the whole file.  If,
however, you select a region, such as the region starting from the
        "*** This is a subsection"
line to the end of the file, the latex export doesn't convert the
leading *s to sections, putting the *s directly into the latex:

,----
| \setcounter{tocdepth}{3}
| \tableofcontents
| \vspace*{1cm}
| \textbf{*} This is a subsection
| with not very much text
| \textbf{*} but another
| which might have had more text in an ideal world.
|
| \end{document}
`----

hope this helps.