[Orgmode] Trouble setting variables in custom agenda command

From: Christopher DeMarco
Subject: [Orgmode] Trouble setting variables in custom agenda command
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 22:05:07 -0400

I have the following in my .emacs (long lines, sorry):

    (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
          '(("c" "The Cycle"
              ((agenda ""
                       (
                        (org-agenda-overriding-columns-format "%75ITEM
%7Effort{:} %7CLOCKSUM{Total} %15TAGS %SCHEDULED")  ;; no
                        (org-agenda-view-columns-initially t)
                                           ;; no
                        (org-agenda-start-with-log-mode t)
                                           ;; no
                        (org-agenda-ndays 1)
                                           ;; yes
                        (org-agenda-skip-function
                                           ;; yes
                         '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'notregexp "\\* TODO")))))
               nil nil)))

Why don't the first three variables get set (or at least their effects
aren't visible in the Agenda buffer), but the last two do?

What am I missing in the manual that would have made this clear?

TIA!

--
Christopher DeMarco <address@hidden>
IT Director