Re: [Orgmode] More Mac OS stuff: iCal.app - org integration

From: Christopher Suckling
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] More Mac OS stuff: iCal.app - org integration
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 22:20:15 +0100

On 5 Jun 2009, at 17:30, Carsten Dominik wrote:

Hi Christopher, this looks very nice, a candidate for the contrib directory?

- Carsten

Would be delighted.

Will write up the documentation on worg when it's in the contrib directory.

Anything you need me to change in the commentary etc?

Forgot to say in original version that this is Leopard only.

Apple changed file format between Tiger and Leopard from one ics file per calendar to one ics file per event (for Spotlight searching).

I've added a check for Leopard before calling the function that concatenates all the event ics files into a calendar ics file, but I've no longer a Tiger machine and can't recall whether the Tiger ics layout is as simple as I think it was.

So if anyone is still running Tiger and may find this useful, would you be kind enough to test the new version and see if it works?

Best wishes,

Christopher