Re: [Orgmode] Re: Keeping a wiki with org-mode

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Keeping a wiki with org-mode
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 22:17:11 +0200

Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi Marcelo,
>
> Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I wonder what is the best way to implement a wiki with org? I know you
>> can hyperlink to anything, but what I was thinking was something
>> automatic, like what WikiDPad does or Tomboy -- like having wikiwords
>> (CamelCase) automatically linked as you type to a filename in the
>> system (a specific directory you specify for the wiki). If it is not
>> possible, it could be a nice addition for a future org version.
>>

> As others have already mentioned, org-mode does not support CamelCase
> words. But it's method for creating links is quite nice and allows org
> to function very easily as a wiki.
>
> To make org-mode more "wiki-like," I add the following to my .emacs
> file. The first variable has to come *before* org is loaded:
>

> (setq org-return-follows-link t)
> (setq org-open-non-existing-files t)

Hm - then either the docs or the code has a bug.

`C-h v org-open-non-existing-files' gives me this:

   org-open-non-existing-files is a variable defined in `org.el'.
   Its value is nil

   Documentation:
   Non-nil means, `org-open-file' will open non-existing files.
   When nil, an error will be generated.

   You can customize this variable.

   [back]

As you can see, it says `org-open-non-existing-files' is nil. But still,
I can follow the link without error (even with `debug-on-error' == t).

I didn't notice that, since it's so natural to open such a file. It will
become a physical file once I save it, so I cannot see a reason to avoid
that.

   Sebastian