[Orgmode] wish list: sort tasks by age

From: Christopher League
Subject: [Orgmode] wish list: sort tasks by age
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:04:39 -0400

I would love to be able to sort TODOs by their age, so it becomes painfully obvious what I have been ignoring. Since org relies on free- form text (a strength), it's tricky to ensure that every item gets a 'creation-time' property. But it doesn't need to be accurate to the second; even a script that added that property once every day or so might do the trick.

Since I commit my agenda files to git every day or so, I can actually get an approximation to this with git-blame... grep the TODO headlines, then sort by commit date. It's pretty hackish, and I'm not sure I want to go to the trouble of integrating that raw data with the agenda view, if there's a better way within org.

Ideas? Thanks!
Chris