Re: [Orgmode] Unsetting "C-j" Keybinding Bound to org-return-indent

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Unsetting "C-j" Keybinding Bound to org-return-indent
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 23:29:38 +0200

onguarde - <address@hidden> writes:

> The 2nd set works with or without the global-unset-key line but the first set
> simply refuses to work. M-x describe-key shows that C-j is bound to
> org-return-indent.  I thought this might be the problem.

Org binds `C-j' to org-return-indent and local bindinds shadow global
bindins.  See the docstring of global-set-key.

On one hand, Org maybe shouldn't rebind such key.  One the other hand
why do you want to rebind such a common key??

> Is there any way to unset this and rebind it globally?

And since we have three hands, here is a way to discipline Org back
again:

  (org-defkey org-mode-map "\C-j" 'move-beginning-of-line)

--
 Bastien