[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Orgmode] Edits to info file
[Orgmode] Edits to info file
Sat, 25 Jul 2009 11:08:08 -0400
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.0.96 (gnu/linux)
I took a few minutes to go through the info file correcting spelling
errors. Then I made a patch file. (I'm more of an editor than a
programmer, so it's the way I think I can best help.) I hope this can be
of some help. Could somebody with access apply it to the file on the git
--- org 2009-07-25 10:33:19.000000000 -0400
+++ org.dmg 2009-07-25 10:56:29.000000000 -0400
@@ -77,7 +77,7 @@
* History and Acknowledgments:: How Org came into being
* Main Index:: An index of Org's concepts and features
* Key Index:: Key bindings and where they are described
-* Variable Index:: Variables mentiond in the manual
+* Variable Index:: Variables mentioned in the manual
--- The Detailed Node Listing ---
@@ -297,7 +297,7 @@
* TeX macros and LaTeX fragments:: Create special, rich export.
* Horizontal rules:: A line across the page
* Comment lines:: Some lines will not be exported
-* Macro replacement:: Global replacement of place holdes
+* Macro replacement:: Global replacement of place holders
@@ -369,7 +369,7 @@
* Hooks:: Who to reach into Org's internals
* Add-on packages:: Available extensions
* Adding hyperlink types:: New custom link types
-* Context-sensitive commands:: How to add functioality to such commands
+* Context-sensitive commands:: How to add functionality to such commands
* Tables in arbitrary syntax:: Orgtbl for LaTeX and other programs
* Dynamic blocks:: Automatically filled blocks
* Special agenda views:: Customized views
@@ -3521,7 +3521,7 @@
If the current outline node has an `ORDERED' property, checkboxes
must be checked off in sequence, and an error will be thrown if you try
-to check off a box while there are unchecked boxes bove it.
+to check off a box while there are unchecked boxes above it.
The following commands work with checkboxes:
@@ -3570,7 +3570,7 @@
---------- Footnotes ----------
(1) Set the variable `org-recursive-checkbox-statistics' if you want
-such cookes to represent the all checkboxes below the cookie, not just
+such cookies to represent the all checkboxes below the cookie, not just
the direct children.
@@ -4538,7 +4538,7 @@
+4 --> same as above
+2w --> two weeks from today
++5 --> five days from default date
- +2tue --> second tuesday from now.
+ +2tue --> second Tuesday from now.
The function understands English month and weekday abbreviations. If
you want to use unabbreviated names and/or other languages, configure
@@ -4803,7 +4803,7 @@
clock is stopped and the corresponding time interval is recorded. It
also computes the total time spent on each subtree of a project.
- Normally, the clock does not survive exiting and re-entereing Emacs,
+ Normally, the clock does not survive exiting and re-entering Emacs,
but you can arrange for the clock information to persist across Emacs
@@ -5445,7 +5445,7 @@
9.3 RSS feeds
-Org has the capablity to add and change entries based on information
+Org has the capability to add and change entries based on information
found in RSS feeds. You could use this to make a task out of each new
podcast in a podcast feed. Or you could use a phone-based
note-creating service on the web to import tasks into Org. To access
@@ -6097,7 +6097,7 @@
Note that if a project is identified as non-stuck, the subtree of
-this entry will still be searched for stuck projets.
+this entry will still be searched for stuck projects.
---------- Footnotes ----------
@@ -6654,7 +6654,7 @@
(1) Custom commands can preset a filter by binding the variable
`org-agenda-filter-preset' as an option. This filter will then be
-applied to the view and presist as a basic filter through refreshes and
+applied to the view and persist as a basic filter through refreshes and
more secondary filtering.
@@ -7463,7 +7463,7 @@
(goto-char (point-min)) (ref:jump)
- In line [[(sc)]] we remember the current positon. [[(jump)][Line (jump)]]
+ In line [[(sc)]] we remember the current position. [[(jump)][Line
jumps to point-min.
If the syntax for the label format conflicts with the language
@@ -8448,7 +8448,7 @@
Image attributes supported by the `imagedata' element, like `align'
or `width', can be specified in two ways: you can either customize
variable `org-export-docbook-default-image-attributes' or use the
-`#+ATTR_DOCBOOK:' line. Attributes sepcified in variable
+`#+ATTR_DOCBOOK:' line. Attributes specified in variable
`org-export-docbook-default-image-attributes' are applied to all inline
images in the Org file to be exported (unless they are overwritten by
image attributes specified in `#+ATTR_DOCBOOK:' lines).
@@ -8850,18 +8850,18 @@
13.2 Uploading files
-For those people already utilising third party sync tools such as
+For those people already utilizing third party sync tools such as
`rsync' or `unison', it might be preferable not to use the built in
remote publishing facilities of Org mode which rely heavily on Tramp.
Tramp, while very useful and powerful, tends not to be so efficient for
multiple file transfer and has been known to cause problems under heavy
- Specialised synchronization utilities offer several advantages. In
+ Specialized synchronization utilities offer several advantages. In
addition to timestamp comparison, they also do content and
permissions/attribute checks. For this reason you might prefer to
publish your web to a local directory (possibly even in place with your
-Org files) and then use `unison' or `rsync' to do the synchronisation
+Org files) and then use `unison' or `rsync' to do the synchronization
with the remote host.
Since Unison (for example) can be configured as to which files to
@@ -10343,7 +10343,7 @@
be collected and returned as a list.
The call to FUNC will be wrapped into a save-excursion form, so
- FUNC does not need to preserve point. After evaluaton, the cursor
+ FUNC does not need to preserve point. After evaluation, the cursor
will be moved to the end of the line (presumably of the headline
of the processed entry) and search continues from there. Under
some circumstances, this may not produce the wanted results. For
@@ -10836,7 +10836,7 @@
* checkboxes and TODO dependencies: TODO dependencies. (line 44)
* children, subtree visibility state: Visibility cycling. (line 10)
* clean outline view: Clean view. (line 6)
-* code line refenences, markup rules: Literal examples. (line 6)
+* code line references, markup rules: Literal examples. (line 6)
* code text, markup rules: Emphasis and monospace.
* column formula: Column formulas. (line 6)
- [Orgmode] Edits to info file,
Dan Griswold <=