Re: [Orgmode] Results of the SourceForge Community Award

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Results of the SourceForge Community Award
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 10:04:44 -0400

Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> wrote:

> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > the results of the SCCA 2009 have been announced and the winner in our
> > category is portableapps.com, a platform to carry computer programs on
> > a USB key.
> >
> > Org-mode didn't win but it was really great to participate and to have
> > all these nice contributions from so many people!
> >
> > A big thanks to all of you.
> >
> > Let's keep making Org a tool which changes the way _we_ do everything :)
>

> Well, being one of the last 144 projects out of 43500 is a victory!
>
> There were thousands of applictions that didn't make it into the last
> round.

Indeed. BTW, I was curious to see what PortableApps did/looked like, and
(since I couldn't find an installation package for Linux) I downloaded
the sources and looked at them: this thing seems to be Windoze only
(maybe Mac too?) - is that true or did I overlook something?

Thanks,
Nick

PS. And if so, shouldn't the FTC come after them for false advertising?
PortableApps indeed :-)