Re: [Orgmode] Results of the SourceForge Community Award

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Results of the SourceForge Community Award
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:48:16 +0100

Richard Riley wrote:
Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

Indeed. BTW, I was curious to see what PortableApps did/looked like, and
(since I couldn't find an installation package for Linux) I downloaded
the sources and looked at them: this thing seems to be Windoze only
(maybe Mac too?) - is that true or did I overlook something?
To me that's true - I was a bit surprised too.
Mmhh...  maybe the Windows user-base is bigger than the Emacs user-base?

PS. And if so, shouldn't the FTC come after them for false advertising?
PortableApps indeed :-)
:)

Come on chaps, you can run Windows under Vmware or VirtualBox you know!

Portable Apps runs fine under wine. I have a copy on my usb stick in case I go somewhere that only has Windows available. Since I don't have a Windows computer at home I test it under wine.

Of course I also have the Windows port of Emacs, so I can still run org, even if I am forced to use Windows:)

Ian.