Re: [Orgmode] Re: Preventing (or mitigating) accidental deletion in org-

From: Nick Bell
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Preventing (or mitigating) accidental deletion in org-mode
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 13:27:56 +0100

PT wrote:
Nick Bell <mail <at> nickbell.org> writes:
Org-mode is great and I'd like to commit to it. However, I'm held back
by the  apparent fragility of  data stored in org-files.  For example,
it's easy to delete entire folded  trees of data with just a couple of
keystrokes or a mouse click.
This shouldn't be a big problem, because you have automatic
backup of your org and other files, right?

Yes, I have, but I'd like something a bit better.

I'm trying to write a little function using before-save-hook to compare the current buffer to the saved version and output the result of diffstat, asking the user whether they want to go ahead with the save or view the full diff. Or has someone done something like this before?

I suppose one could do this with some kind of before-change- type function if feeling particularly paranoid.

--
Nick Bell