Re: [Orgmode] can't see emphasized text in org

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] can't see emphasized text in org
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 20:16:19 -0400

Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:

> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > *Why* it falls back to underlining is probably a question
> > that should be addressed to the emacs developers, but it looks like
> > a bug to me (hence copied to the emacs bugs list - version info
> > appended[2])
>

> I'm not sure I would consider the fallback on underline a bug.
> As I understand it, the "italic" face is equivalent to the LaTeX
> "emphasize" -- which means that the font has to be more readable
> in any fashion, either by slanting the text or by underlining it.
>
> This is an incorrect use of "italic" but I guess fixing this would
> break things backward.

Yes, you may very well be right. I just thought I'd let the emacs
developers know about the possible confusion and deal with it as
they see fit. Maybe they'll choose to do nothing.

Nick

PS. BTW, I've deleted emacs-bugs from the CC list in this message, but
it's still in Bastien's message. Be careful about reply-all: you might
end up creating emacs bugs with every response.

Also, btw, the bug report is at

      http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=4242