[Orgmode] Re: Useful utility function: org-sort-multi

From: Benjamin Andresen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Useful utility function: org-sort-multi
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 10:33:49 +0200

Hey Carsten,

> On Aug 29, 2009, at 3:38 AM, Ryan C. Thompson wrote:
>
> Hi Ryan,
>
> this looks interesting, but I am not sure I understand how it works.
> It looks to me that each sorting step will completely re-sort the entire
> list of items, so the final sorting will win in the end.
>
> Or am I missing something here?

if you have the following list
* Test Sorting
** TODO Charlie
** WAITING Beta
** TODO Alpha
** STARTED Beta
** STARTED Charlie
** TODO Beta
** STARTED Alpha
** WAITING Charlie
** WAITING Alpha

calling org-multi-sort with ?o ?a will sort it like this
* Test Sorting
** TODO Alpha
** TODO Beta
** TODO Charlie
** STARTED Alpha
** STARTED Beta
** STARTED Charlie
** WAITING Alpha
** WAITING Beta
** WAITING Charlie

but just ?a would completely ignore the TODO, STARTED, WAITING order.

Thanks Ryan, pretty useful.

> - Carsten

br,
benny