Re: [Orgmode] column view bug

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] column view bug
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 01:25:14 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ven 18/9/09, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> the text further down in the mail was just a citation of
> the original
> message, not my attempt to reproduce the bug.

Carsten, George was talking of *my* message,  not yours ;-)

so let's sum up:

file to work with:
-----------------------------
#+STARTUP: odd
#+STARTUP: hidestars
#+STARTUP: logdone
#+SEQ_TODO: TODO NEXT PENDING | DONE(d!) CANCELLED(c@)
#+CATEGORY: Test

* test columns
(setq org-columns-default-format "%CATEGORY %35ITEM %Effort{:} %PRIORITY
%ALLTAGS")
* Test
*** TODO task 1
   SCHEDULED: <2009-09-15 Tue>
*** TODO task 2
   SCHEDULED: <2009-09-17 Thu>
*** C-c a < a
*** column view: C-c C-x C-c
-------------------------------------------EOF-----------

1.   The result of the Agenda command is:

-----------------------------------
Week-agenda (W38):
Monday     14 September 2009 W38
Tuesday    15 September 2009
  Test:       Scheduled:  TODO task 1
Wednesday  16 September 2009
Thursday   17 September 2009
  Test:       Sched. 3x:  TODO task 1
  Test:       Scheduled:  TODO task 2
Friday     18 September 2009
Saturday   19 September 2009
Sunday     20 September 2009

2. Yesterday the result of the column view command  was:
   (for the today's one please see the image attached;
    please noitice the red circle indicating the "bug?" )
-----------------------------------Result:

CATE | ITEM                               | E | P | A |
Week-agenda (W38):
Monday     14 September 2009 W38
     | Tuesday    15 September 2009       | . |   |   |
 Test| TODO task 1
Wednesday  16 September 2009
     | Thursday   17 September 2009        | . |   |   |
 Test| TODO task 1                         | . |   |   |
 Test| TODO task 2                         | . |   |   |
Friday     18 September 2009
Saturday   19 September 2009
Sunday     20 September 2009

> On Sep 17, 2009, at 3:04 PM, George Pearson wrote:
> > But wait - you HAVE reproduced it!  Look at your
Giovanni's ;-)

> > result below,
> > and note the vertical bar | in front of the Tuesday
> > and  Thursday date lines.

> > Incidentally, I have NOT seen the recurrence of Task 1
> > on Thursday, as seen in your results.  Possibly the
> > result of some option setting?
George, I don't know.

HTH
Giovanni