[Orgmode] Org-mode version 6.30trans (release_6.30d.856.ga70c); Remember

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Org-mode version 6.30trans (release_6.30d.856.ga70c); Remember templates fail to file to tasks with a todo keyword
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 14:01:25 -0400

For new projects where I collect lots of tasks over time I've tried
creating a remember template to file to the project directly - to
save one refile step.

For the following example

,----
| * Some Heading
| ** TODO New Project
| *** TODO Step 1
| *** ...
| *** TODO Step n
`----

I create a remember template that files directly to
    'TODO New Project'.

This works great but... if the status of the project task changes (say
to WAITING) then any new tasks I file with remember create another
(new) task '* TODO New Project' and it files under that instead of the
'** WAITING New Project' task.  All of a sudden I'm collecting tasks
in the wrong place and I have to refile them all to the correct
target.

This feels wrong to me.  I don't think it makes sense to include the
TODO keyword in the remember template target since the target changes
based on TODO keyword status.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.11)
 of 2008-11-09 on raven, modified by Debian
Package: Org-mode version 6.30trans (release_6.30d.856.ga70c)