[Orgmode] visual-line-mode

From: Quintana Seguí , Pere
Subject: [Orgmode] visual-line-mode
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 16:35:07 +0200

Hello,

I have a problem relating /emphasis/ which leads to a question related
to visual-line-mode.

1) Now I use auto-fill-mode when working with org files. My problem is
that when I want to emphasise a whole paragraph putting it between /
and /, the paragraph doesn't show in emphasis if it is too long
(usually more than two or three lines). But, if I put the same
paragraph in one long line, it does show emphasised.

2) I've done a test using visual-line-mode. In this case, even
visually the paragraph is multiline, the previous problem disappears,
as it is, in fact, only one line.

So, my questions are:

a) Is that behaviour with emphasis on multiline long paragraphs
normal? Is there a solution or it is a limitation on the software?

b) Are visual-line-mode and org-mode good friends?

I'm using "GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
2.12.9) of 2009-08-01 on radon, modified by Debian" on Ubuntu Hardy
and Org-mode version 6.21b. But I had the same problem on Mac OS also.

Thank you.

--
http://pere.quintanasegui.com