[Orgmode] Re: contact management in org-mode?

From: Uwe Jochum
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: contact management in org-mode?
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:48:16 +0100

Hi all,

has someone tried "forms" for the purpose of contact management? See:

http://sunsite.ualberta.ca/Documentation/Gnu/emacs-21.1/html_chapter/forms_frame.html

Best,

Uwe

Alan E. Davis schrieb am 29.10.2009 21:00:
I'll mention EDB, emacs data base, here, even though I haven't used it for several years.
http://gnuvola.org/software/edb/

It's available on many GNU/Linux distros, as a package. It is for Gentoo, and perhaps for Debian/Ubuntu as well. It is extensible/programmable, so that various interfaces could perhaps be possible. I spent a little time years ago setting up an Addresses database, with output formats to automatically set up a LaTeX header for each marked address. It was a bit klunky, to be sure, but it worked REALLY well, and it worked the way I wanted it to.

It's an old piece of software. I tried it lately with my address DB, with Emacs 23, so it may just still work fine.

In the examples directory, above, are a rolodex database, possibly somewhat similar to what I had going, and some other examples. There has been some relatively recent effort into maintaining EDB.

I write this not as a programmer, but a user, just to point to something that has worked well for me in the past.

Alan Davis