Re: [Orgmode] Re: Using shift and arrow keys to select lines in Aquamacs

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Using shift and arrow keys to select lines in Aquamacs (in org-mode)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 23:03:06 +0100

address@hidden (J. David Boyd) writes:
> Saptarshi Guha <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>> I know shift and arrow keys are used by org-mode. But is there a way
>> to remap them to selecting the line(as in Aquamacs text mode)
>>  (e.g shift+down highlights the current line, shift+up highlights the
>> previous line etc).

How about get used to Emacs keys for this purpose:

  C-SPACE UP

C-SPACE set's a mark and moving point extends the region.
The big advantage is, that you can use all moving commands Emacs
provides (`M-f', `M-b'...)

Some keys/functions select text directly:

 M-h       - mark-paragraph
 C-x C-p   - mark-page
 M-x mark- TAB  - show all marking commands

Also, if you do not use org-mouse, you could use the left and right
mouse button - optionally holding down the ALT key for a secondary
selection.

Pressing the middle button inserts the selection, with ALT the secondary
one.

While selecting, you can extend and narrow the selection in either
direction be pressing the right button repeatedly.

Right double-click cuts.

Some of this depends on your setting of the variable
`transient-mark-mode', which you can customize.

  Sebastian