Re: [Orgmode] Re: problem with latex export

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: problem with latex export
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 02:25:00 +0100

Andreas Gösele <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi Sebastian!
>
> Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose <at> gmx.de> writes:
>> > I have the following problem: If I start emacs (22.2.1) or xemacs
>> > (21.4.21) normally I cannot export to latex (or pdf, which goes
>> > through latex). The process starts, but then hangs. In XEmacs the last
>> > thing I see is "untabify done" and then a small window with a process
>> > bar saying "fontifying org-mode-tmp...". But there is no progress and
>> > I have to quit. (There's a "Stop" button, but that doesn't work.) In
>> > Emacs I just see the first time I try it: "Loading tabify...done" and
>> > then nothing happens, again I have to quit. The second time I try it I
>> > only get: "Exporting to LaTeX...", again everything hangs.
>> >
>> > If I start without the init files (-q) and then load my init files by
>> > hand everthing works. (I did this, to see whether something in my init
>> > files causes the problems. But if everthing works if I load them
>> > later, I guess it's not a problem of my init files.)
>> >
>> > Org-mode is version 6.21b

So `M-x org-version' gives you "Org-mode 6.32trans ..."?

>> As I cannot reproduce this, I suggest updating to the current
>> git-version.
>
> I did, but the problem continues.

OK. Then we need more precise information.

1. The smallest possible file that's needed to reproduce the error.
2. If possible, execute `M-x org-submit-bug-report' and confirm to send
   your Org-mode setup. In the following screen, copy your setup and
   append it your email. Make sure to delete all private data in it.

That way we will be able to reproduce the error in most cases.

> I have BTW to make a small correction to my last post: There is a small
> difference in the case of emacs and xemacs: Having started emacs without the
> init-files I then can open and evaluate my init.el and custom.el as a whole
> without causing problems. In the case of xemacs that's true only for init.el.
> If
> I evaluate custom.el as a whole buffer the problems returns. But if a evaluate
> the (only four) expressions in it one after the other - no problem.
>
> Thanks again
>
> Andreas Gösele

  Sebastian