Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sending org-mode nodes

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sending org-mode nodes
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:12:30 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> David Maus <address@hidden> writes:
//....//
>     - Message-ID derived from node's ID. This would be quite useful for
>       associating replies with original notes/nodes.

In that case, each mail sent from the subtree would have the same
message-ID, which is invalid, since the ID is made to identify a certain
email. It's supposed to be world wide unique for at least two years.

Your provider would replace your (probably invalid) ID anyway.

> These are of course my whishful thoughts, especially the one with
> Old-Sent-To. I think, however, that org-mode with them implemented would
> be even greater tool than it is today.

I believe it's not implemented, because it's easy to just

  C-c @
  C-x m
  Enter addresses (bbdb helps a lot here)
  DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN
  C-y
  evtl. edit the contents
  C-c C-C

There's simply no need to implement it for Gnus users.
Emacs+Org+bbdb+Gnus implement it already.

   Sebastian