[Orgmode] Re: Babel - simple getting started problem

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Babel - simple getting started problem
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 09:39:02 +0100

Hi Dan,

Dan Davison wrote:

> * meantest
> #+srcname: calcmean(data=trial)
> #+begin_src R
> mean(data)
> #+end_src
>
> #+results: calcmean
> : 6.5
>
> or alternative syntax
>
> #+begin_src R :var data=trial
> mean(data)
> #+end_src
>
> #+results:
> : 6.5

As I am as well *learning* Org-babel and its satellites (R, GNU screen, etc.),
I'm wondering if there is one of the two above syntaxes that gets more chance
to be the survivor -- would there be a war between both ;-)

I mean: I'm not yet attached to any of the two. Which one should I use better,
ensuring more portability over time?  Or are these both totally equivalent,
and will it stay so for the coming years?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban