Re: [Orgmode] org-agenda-files variable

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-agenda-files variable
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 08:37:17 +0100

Hi Andrea,

On Jan 17, 2010, at 12:00 PM, andrea wrote:

I've set up in before-hook a function to append to org-agenda-files
every org file.
Now the problem is that sometimes it adds the file in form
~/path and sometimes in form /Users/user/path
It's annoying because on different machines I have different homes.

What could be the reason?
I always visit those files in the "relative" way, so using the ~...

This post is really incomplete, and it is impossible for anyone to give
a good answer - which means that everyone has to read my answer and then
your second attempt.  Things that could help are:

- What does your hook look like?
- There is no hook called `before-hook'
- Are you using a recent version of Org-mode?
- Are the "different machines" different operating systems?

Please, before you send an email to more than 700 people, stop
for a second and check if you have supplied all the information
that could possibly be useful.

Thanks.

- Carsten