Re: [Orgmode] Resumes in orgmode

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Resumes in orgmode
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 20:49:56 +0000

At Fri, 22 Jan 2010 00:51:06 -0500,
Raffi R wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I've recently taken the first step toward maintaining my resumé in
> orgmode. I was wondering if anyone had advice, templates, or settings
> to share for how they render resumés (esp. in LaTeX) using orgmode.
>
> Thank you very much,
> - Raffi.

I don't have any specific advice but I can say that I'm quite glad I
moved my cv from latex to org as I can now not only generate the same
PDF as before but also generate an HTML version that looks good.

I did spend quite a bit of time configuration both latex and html
specific aspects to get the cv to look good but there was nothing
specific to the cv, only my particular look and feel.  I based the
HTML style sheet on the one used for worg:

#+STYLE: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="http://orgmode.org/worg/worg.css"; />
#+STYLE: <style type="text/css"><!--
... my own customisations here for colours and font sizes particularly
#+STYLE: --></style>

The brilliant thing is that org makes it so much easier to move things
around and, when necessary, to comment bits out (one single word on a
headline -- how easy can it get?) that are not relevant for some
audiences.

Worth doing, basically!